Pages

Tuesday, February 22

Tall vs. short

Few days ago I had a talk with my grandmother. Not that surprisingly the topic of conversation shifted to difference between ‘those times’ and present times. And since she’s 75 now ‘her’ time was more than 50 years ago.
What struck me was the fact that in ‘her’ time she claimed to be one of the most tall women and to think about it, it seems true enough. Have you ever noticed that old ladies are generally small and short?
Only 50 years have passed and while my grandma was considered tall with her 160cm, me being 170cm is only average. Many girls in Europe are taller than me and many are shorter, but most are about the same height.
I remember how one of my friends once exclaimed ‘oh how come you’re taller than your parents? my parents are the same height as yours but you are much taller than me’ (yeah, that person certainly has a bit of ‘height complex’, but nevertheless)...
Really why did I grow taller than my parents? xD
People are growing taller with each consequent generation. Even countries that usually were a home to relatively ‘short’ people are now dealing with it.
Some tried to prove reduction in Earth’s gravity is causing it, some claim it’s ‘rise in standards of living’... What’s important is how it’s going to affect our lives.
--
Ok, I wrote many more things here at first, but then deleted all of them.
Some people might find my thoughts aggravating so let them stay in my mind. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment