Pages

Tuesday, February 22

A night to remember ^^

Today something I read in the net made me remember a silly incident I had few weeks ago.
You know it was a Friday night or something when I was sitting home all alone (naturally) and wanted to relax and watch a movie.
My friend just brought back a DVD I lent her long ago and somehow I decided to watch it.
The movie was “Silent Hill”, not the best title, I know. But it makes you shaky two or three times.
It was just getting to the point of main heroes’ getting to the church for the first time, when I got a bit bored and decided to go and make myself some tea.
So I pressed ‘pause’, left the light on and went to the kitchen. To get to the kitchen I had to pass two small corridors and a big room. When it is pitch dark I always follow small red dots – indicators – placed on the light switches to get people an idea where they are. Of course I know my way around even without them, but it makes life easier ^^.
And when you get to the kitchen light switch, it’s actually in the small corridor between hall and the kitchen itself. So I’m used to the fact that when you stand there you see a distorted reflection of an indicator on a hall light switch in the glass door (yeah, they are pretty bright red).
It was ok when I was passing, but as I went to the kitchen light switch and raised my hand to touch it, all went black. Totally black and silent, without a sound. And then I heard a sound like someone’s scratching a metal with glass, or vise versa.
It was just like those horror movies you watch… The lights go out suddenly, scratching sounds…
I nearly jumped, I swear, and my heart fell. I raised my hand and pushed the switch and then realized the indicators are gone, which means the electricity is gone too.
The metal sound continued and I put myself together to go to the hall and inspect the electricity counter. It was turned on and silent, so the problem lied in the apartment electricity supply.
But I still wasn’t sure what the sound was, so I went around the flat all jumpy, peered out of the windows, took a glimpse of what’s happening behind the front door and then sat down on the sofa. When there’s no electricity there’s no hot water in my flat too. So I just sat and thought and listened to the metallic sounds that were coming from outside. I didn’t bother with finding a candle, I had my mobile phone, but it didn’t help much.
It was (maybe) the longest hour of this month.
Then the electricity supply was restored and I gathered my courage to watch “Silent Hill” until the end. I still do not know what those sounds were, but I’m not too eager to hear them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment