Pages

Tuesday, February 22

A.O.A. (Annoying, obtrusive, abusive) service \\\ Or just...

Have you ever prayed and sworn to yourself while thinking about excessive things you were made to buy ‘with’ or ‘get free’ with something? (Of course, they fail to mention that the price of ‘bonus’ is included in total price)
I just had the same experience for the (n+m)’th time .. this time about a flash drive with ‘free software’ that I don’t care about, but which is always in fight with my OS and anti-virus software. And guess what? It’s very hard to switch off…
‘Why sellers are always putting ‘extra software’ in? Hello, I wanted only a flash drive. Why should I go through hell to switch off things I don’t need?’
Urghhh… Beat it… I was very angry… very-very-very angry… again… But now I’m fine. Those are calamities of our world.
Recently I’ve been watching a TV series about the same thing. The series are called ‘Hotel Babylon’ and feature life of a five-star hotel, it’s business and personal life.
And the best thing there is that they have a motto:
‘People must spend big money here. If they don’t want to, MAKE them spend big money here’.
A good example of service that works with A.O.A. It’s a funny show, but if you think about it, it gets sad.
The same things are surrounding us everywhere now.
We are simply MADE to spend money most of the times we go to buy something and even if we don’t, we might end up buying something.

‘Marketing is about satisfying demands of customers’.

Huh. I learned that in uni. As well as another postulate of marketing:
‘It’s always easier to create demands than search for ways of satisfying demands that arose by themselves’.

No comments:

Post a Comment