Pages

Friday, February 21

pastels vs fur

I've been training with my newly-acquired box of soft pastels. Some time ago I've changed my tastes and started painting mainly with soft pastels, chalk and pencils. Well, pencils have always been there. After I've decided I like the medium (soft pastels) and found the brand I liked by trial and error, I've traded my small box for big set. Not the *most* expensive pastels, I can assure you, But so far they behave decently. 

Then again, I forgot that I have an animal in the house. With watercolors or pencils, there's no immediate danger for the painting after you've finished a painting session - I always dry my watercolors before leaving them alone. As for pastels... My cat decided it'd be fun to sleep on one of my sketches and wiped quite a bit of pigment with fur. I had to dust my cat and repair the sketch.

This photo shows the 'recovery' effort, not the finished painting. Had no time at that point to do better setup.


No comments:

Post a Comment