Pages

Saturday, October 19

ftisland - you are my life

I've never seen the vid for this song before I started looking for youtube video to post.

honestly, I'm disappointed a bit. my own vision of it (in my mind, of course) has been completely different.
but the song is great. I've been listening to it over and over for some time now.



I'll add live performance of this song jsut so there'd be English-subbed version. Lyrics are pretty simple, actually. Even with my Japanese skill I was able to get 95% of this song without resorting to written lyrics.
Not the best performance, though... but it'll suffice for now. [oh yeah, I fear that effect devices hadn't been set up properly for main vocal]


of course this translation is very basic,
for example, when he sings 'unmei da nante ieru kamo ne' I'd say it means something like 'there may really exist the thing called destiny', not 'maybe this is our fate'... but oh well...
things get lost in translation.

and a thing about translation - yeah yeah I'm editing this post to add something for the 3rd time... 
this video reminded me how I was scared to learn Japanese several years back. video here uses a practice dunno-what-very-'intelligent'-person started, writing all particles and verb combinations together, as one word.
so at one point we get scary (as hell) line:
"sonosubetega bokunosubete kiminashidewa... ikiteyukenai"
actually, it's a completely normal line:
"sono subete ga boku no subete kimi nashi de wa... ikite yukenai"
makes one hell of a difference, eh?

when you see a language with words that have 10 letters or more, you start to think it's very hard to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment