Pages

Wednesday, August 21

August of 2013

When you're stuck in the routine, each day seems to drag on forever, yet time passes you by quickly... 

Last month of summer is nearly over and I haven't had even a glimpse of what they call 'vacation'. 
Eh, this also might be the year when I won't even see any water body bigger than a bath.
So much for youth's greatness...

I even don't envy those of my friends who are taking vacation 2nd or 3rd time a year - I know I'm not that lucky yet, to be financially stable or pretend not to care about that aspect of life.
Or allow myself to buy expensive things on a whim. 

Well, to those who might be interested, it's actually my family (or what's left of the family I was born into) that's taken a huge bite of my financial resources. Pretty much on a whim too.
Some people don't know what responsibility means even after they turn 50. Or 60. Or until deathbed. 

But things like this sober you up. You 'grow up' fast, learning not to trust anyone, even 'closest' blood relatives unless their words are sealed officially in written form.
I'd like to be sure I won't ever make a mistake like that again, therefore I'm not going to forget easily. 

Recently I've been accused of being cruel too many times. But that cruelty arises from the sole fact that I have to fight for my rights. Being 'kind' doesn't mean letting other people take advantage of you, the word they should use is 'stupid' or 'gullible'. 
There's a thick line between being 'kind' and 'naive'.

Money matters aside, hell, it's really almost September. 

Actually, I wanted to write about many things here, but when I had time to, I usually chose to sleep / eat / work out instead. Maybe when my mind is less preoccupied with so many things to learn, remember and think about (and forget about), I'd find my notes and write down something.

As you may know, I've taken up twitter again; however, it's mostly job-related now. Professional news, updates and IT talk. Twitter wasn't successful in making me write something either. I guess if it wasn't for re-tweets, I'd produce like 0.2-0.5 tweets a day.  

Maybe if someone or something was constantly nagging me, telling me I haven't done anything creative in days, I'd succumb just out of irritation.



3 comments:

  1. I can relate to the money issues with other people not taking responsibility for their own lives. Someone close to me is addicted to gambling but you're correct with what you said. People have to learn how to take care of themselves or suffer the consequences. You're not cruel. You are powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gambling, eh? I'm sorry to hear that.
    Have you watched Interstate 60, the movie? (if not, I think you might find it interesting) I'm referring to the episode with drug town.
    Sometimes I feel that people who do drugs or gamble should be allowed to do so, but relocated to some isolated area from where they won't be able to sell - and advertise - it to others.
    World would be a much better, infinitely better place if people took responsibility for their actions. As if :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of Interstate 60 but after you told me, I saw the trailer and it looks good. I will watch it soon. Thank you.

      Delete