Pages

Wednesday, September 12

#4 - on ergonomics

 Ergonomics is... hmmm... well, something people forget these days.

I've been suffering from eye pain for a week or two, before  I understood what's wrong.
I - myself - remember that my stupid monitor has auto-adjust button right next to power switch (who the hell came up with that setup, really?) and if not me, someone else would accidentally push it while trying to switch monitor on/off. AND auto-adjust forces changes on top of everything you had set up.Strange thing is, auto-adjust can never quite decide which changes to make, but it knows one thing - that it must set brightness to 100%. Because it thinks everyone needs that extra-bright and colorful image, right? Like they promote in ads...
So, of course, someone pushed that damned button and it decided to switch full brightness mode on me. And I didn't recognize it at first, due to my overall tiredness - thought eyes are playing tricks on me. 

Urgh.

I went as far as setting up 20% brightness in my video card drivers, which overrides monitor's 100% (let it have it on auto, as it wants). But it seems that it won't do, after all.
Video card drivers force that setting on any application, meaning that if an app has its own brightness setting, it sets it to 20%, resulting in 20%*20%  brightness in some cases (4%). Too dark.
-.-

It all started with the one who decided having auto-adjust button right next to power button is fun. 
Damn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment